Saturday, August 10, 2013

The last few months


I have been very busy with the birth of my beautiful daughter the beginning of May. I was induced at 39 weeks I debated this choice a lot but after many sleepless nights worrying if I was making the right decision I realized it was the right thing to do for me and my family for many reasons. I am so happy I did too! I was able to have my doctor (instead of whoever was on call) so I felt more comfortable. The birth of my second daughter was an amazing experience. I was induced early in the morning and actually received my epidural first which made the whole thing much more relaxing labor progressed well. I actually had to be re dosed with the epi because it was starting to not work (ouch) shortly after being re dosed I began to push I did 5 sets of pushes and she was out! This was much better then with the 2hr of pushes with dd1! We immediately did skin to skin and started breastfeeding shortly after birth. She was born in the evening and weighed 8lbs 4oz and was 21". She was perfect and looked just like her big sis. Though she now I think looks a bit more like her daddy at times but others looks just like her sister.

After a few days at home I became sick and spent a week in the hospital it was so hard at first they were not going to allow baby in room with me so they made me pump and made her daddy give her a bottle. I was so upset by this but thankful for the wonderful nurses who talked the docs into letting her be with me. I was so thankful that she took back to breastfeeding like a champ. She is still my hungry girl! :) The hardest part was not being able to see my 2year old, I was so thankful for Skye though. But I have never been away from her especially not for that long. It was heartbreaking and still is because she still brings it up. My girl doesn't forget anything! 

Even after all that we are adjusting well it took some time at first poor baby has silent reflux which took till she was 6 weeks old to figure out. The meds are working for her thankfully and the doc said she should grow out of it hopefully by 4 months. She just had her 2 month checkup recently and now weighs 12lbs 5oz and is 23 1/2". She is growing so quickly and is finally growing out of her newborn clothes and diapers. Though I am having a hard time packing up the newborn clothes I know it has to be done!  :( I am still trying to squeeze her in her newborn diapers for as long as I can! I will post some reviews and info on cloth diapering a newborn soon! And hopefully I will be blogging more soon and maybe even some more reviews and giveaways so stay tuned for some more fun things as my journey continues with a toddler and a newborn! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment