I was not able to use the Rumparooz OS till she was about 3 weeks I think they just seemed to bulky until then. Now they make up all of my stash except for the few small diapers she can still wear. All of the newborn diapers except BumGenius have rise snaps and will fit till she is a bit bigger! Which I love that they will last longer makes me feel like I am getting more of my money out of them!
Things I learned from cloth diapering a newborn!
1. I should have bought more diapers!
2. I loved all the diapers I bought they were so tiny and cute.
3. Disposable liners for the hospital was great I used them till the meconium passed. We did not have any staining.
4. Even with the very messy newborn poops I have never had a blowout (except from user error) :) this is not the case with sposies.
5. I was suprised how long the BumGenius newborns fit her I was able to make them last till about 12ish weeks though that was pushing it a bit! (this is longer then most I was squeezing her a bit!)
Update: at 4 months she is 15lbs 1oz and the Thirsties size 1, Happy Heiny NB OS and the Tiny Tush still fit!