Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Butternut Squash (organic)

Tonight I made organic butternut squash! It was supper easy and was very yummy (of course I had to try it before I would give it to my DD)

*********Recipe***********

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Wash squash and then cut in half long ways
  • Remove seeds
  • Place face down in baking dish (I used a Pyrex 9x12 dish)
  • Put an inch of water in dish ( I always use spring water because that is all I will drink, but that is up to you what you use)
  • Bake for about 1 hour or until outer skin starts looking wrinkled
  • Remove from oven and scrape out the meat
  • Place in blender and blend until smooth
  • Add a bit of water to make it a smooth puree
  • Put in mesh strainer (it seemed kinda stringy to me)
  • Place in ice cube trays and freeze
  • Once frozen put in freezer bags (I use Hefty quart size)
Good luck! Hope you and little ones (LO) enjoy!

I try to buy all my produce for my DD organic!

No comments:

Post a Comment